This tropical resort area, or the “Island”, as locals call it, is surrounded by the tranquil waters of Laguna Madre Bay on one side and the Gulf of Mexico on the other. The four miles of sandy beaches come alive during Spring Break, hosting some of the most active and wildest events, proudly living up to the slogan “Everything’s Big in Texas!”
The tropical weather is perfect to compliment your favorite daytime activities. Jet skis, banana boat rides, parasailing, snorkeling and more are all available for rental. There’s also a water park attraction and museums.
A host of clubs and bars also keep the party going after the sun sets. Louie’s Backyard hosts nightly live concerts with top name national acts, DJs and dancing, bungee jumping, rock wall climbing, go carts, and more. It is perhaps the signature club and this hot spot definitely lives up to the hype. Having been featured on MTV, E!, The Travel Channel, and more, this party spot is always a place to be not just for the party, but also for the food! Try the famous Louie’s buffet, you won’t be disappointed.
Getting To “The Island” is easy whether you are flying or driving. If you choose to fly most people fly into Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport which is located approx. 30 minutes away. They also have inexpensive shuttles that travel back and forth regularly.
With the sheer volume of Spring Breakers flooding into this resort town, it’s not uncommon for entire bars and hotels to become hubs of Spring Break activity. In fact, the entire island can feel like an exclusive Spring Break party.
Did You Know?:
- South Padre Island is the longest barrier island in the United States.
- With its close proximity to Mexico, South Padre Island is known as the two nation vacation.
- The calm weather and water, and more than 300 days of sunshine per year, make this a great spot to visit.
- Known for its clean, wide, white beaches, South Padre Island holds the title of Sand Castle Capital of the World, Fireworks Capital of Texas, and the kiteboarding and windsurfing capital of Texas.
- The Island also hosts the Texas International Fishing Tournament (TIFT), the largest fishing tournament in the state, attracting fishing enthusiasts and visitors from all over the world.
Ready to book the best Spring Break trip of your life?